Another Names of Moon Festival or Mid-Autumn Festival
The Mid-Autumn Festival is also known by other names, such as:
- Moon Festival or Harvest Moon Festival, because of the celebration’s association with the full moon on this night, as well as the traditions of moon worship and moon gazing.
- Jūng-chāu Jit (中秋節), official name in Cantonese.
- Tết Trung Thu, official name in Vietnamese.
- Zhōngqiū Jié (中秋节), the official name in Mandarin Chinese.
- Lantern Festival, a term sometimes used in Singapore and Malaysia, which is not to be confused with the Lantern Festival in China that occurs on the 15th day of the first month of the Chinese calendar.
- Reunion Festival, in earlier times, a woman in China took this occasion to visit her parents before returning to celebrate with her husband and his parents.
- Children’s Festival, in Vietnam, because of the emphasis on the celebration of children.
The Mid-Autumn Festival is a harvest festival celebrated by ethnic Chinese and Vietnamese people. The festival is held on the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar with full moon at night, corresponding to late September to early October of the Gregorian calendar with a full moon at night.
Due to ancient China’s cultural influence, Mid-Autumn Festival spread to other parts of Asia. Mooncakes have also appeared in western countries as an exotic sweet. Wikipedia
Download the Celebrating of Moon Festival Colouring Pages
Picolour.com provides a link to download Moon Festival Colouring Page. To download please follow the steps provided.
1. Right click on the images above.
2. Choose “saved image”.
3. Or, you can click the image url HERE to get the fullsize image.
4. After that, download as steps 1 and 2.
Hopefully this sharing will benefit all of you. If you are interested in getting more colouring pages on various celebrations and festivals around the world, you can find it here. Top 24 Most Famous Celebration Colouring Pages.