- 1 The Importance of Flowers to Human Being
- 2 Download Most Beautiful Flowers in the World Colouring Pages
- 2.0.1 Top #29 : Barberton
- 2.0.2 Top #28 : Coneflower
- 2.0.3 Top #27 : Daffodil
- 2.0.4 Top #26 : Flamingo
- 2.0.5 Top #25 : Iris
- 2.0.6 Top #24 : Lavender
- 2.0.7 Top #23 : Rose
- 2.0.8 Top #22 : Sunflower
- 2.0.9 Top #21 : Orchid
- 2.0.10 Top #20 : Peony
- 2.0.11 Top #19 : Clover
- 2.0.12 Top #18 : Marigold
- 2.0.13 Top #17 : Daisy
- 2.0.14 Top #16 : Jasmine
- 2.0.15 Top #15 : Chrysanthemum
- 2.0.16 Top #14 : Rafflesia
- 2.0.17 Top #13 : Snapdragon
- 2.0.18 Top #12 : Bird of Paradise
- 2.0.19 Top #11 : Gladiolus
- 2.0.20 Top #10 : Pansy
- 2.0.21 Top #9 : Dahlia
- 2.0.22 Top #8 : Petunia
- 2.0.23 Top #7 : Violet
- 2.0.24 Top #6 : Phlox
- 2.0.25 Top #5 : Cosmos
- 2.0.26 Top #4 : English Bluebell
- 2.0.27 Top #3 : HIbiscus
- 2.0.28 Top #2 : Lotus
- 2.0.29 Top #1 : Arum Lily
- 3 Learn Flower Train – Learning for Kids
The Importance of Flowers to Human Being
Say it with flower. This term we know much used by young people, to express love for their loves one. Often we see in the celebration of certain events, there are always included some flowers as an ornament. Flowers are something beautiful. Even a poet there is saying “Flowers are the laughter of the earth“.
Many flowers have other uses in the human world to date. One is to express one’s feelings. Other uses of flowers include food, for decoration, perfume and much more.
The main function of flowers for plants themselves is as a breeding tool. From the flower arises the seeds, which will become new plants. The male genitals in the flower are Benang Sari and female genitals are Putik. In this pollination process can be assisted by insects. Examples are butterflies and bees. To attract these insects, the flower comes with an attractive flower crown and the presence of nectar. This nectar by the bees will be processed again into honey. This honey has many benefits for humans. For foods full of nutrients or as a natural multivitamin, as a food additive, and also for the world of medicine.
There are several types of flowers that humans can eat. What we can easily encounter in everyday life is broccoli and cauliflower. These broccoli and cauliflower are actually vegetables that are flowers. Other flowers commonly used as food by the Indonesian people is the heart of banana and durian flowers. The heart of banana is a flower from a banana tree. In eastern Indonesia such as Manado ddn Flores, this food is well known. Usually processed by means of stir-fry. Similarly, durian flowers can be usually cooked by way of pan-fried.
In other countries such as Japan and Korea, flowers are also made into dishes. In Japan, chrysanthemum flowers are treated with tempura flour and then fried. The Korean state in its diet also uses raw flowers mixed with their food.
In the western world, the use of flowers as a disclosure of certain feelings, has long been executed. Its golden age is in the Victorian Era. Even at that time, dictionaries related to the meaning of flowers are widely owned by Europeans. Suppose a white rose means “I want to be friends with you.” The giving of yellow roses means “I want to break up with you.”
Flowers are something beautiful. Lots of people who then keep the flowers. Flowers are made into living ornaments in the yard and in the garden. In addition to living conditions, the flowers that have been picked are also used as decoration in the event of celebration. In weddings, birthday events, even death events always include interest. Now there is also a science of flower arranging that can be a profession.
In addition to the beauty of the flowers admired by humans for its fragrance. Since the days of interest has been made one of the ingredients of perfume. Flowers commonly used as perfume makers include, among others, roses, jasmine, agrimony and centaury.
Download Most Beautiful Flowers in the World Colouring Pages
Picolour.com provides a link to download Flowers Colouring Page. To download please follow the steps provided.
1. Click on the links given at download section.
2. Choose “saved image”.
3. Download and you are done.
Top #29 : Barberton
- Printable Colouring Picture : Barberton Flowers Colouring Pages
- The Barberton is a small daisy with a rosette of irregularly shaped leaves; often deeply divided. The flowers are actually flower heads made up of many, small, tightly clustered flowers or florets. The flowers may be red, pink, orange or yellow and appear from August through to December.
Top #28 : Coneflower
- Printable Colouring Picture : Coneflower Flowers Colouring Pages
- Like all members of the sunflower family, the flowering structure is a composite inflorescence, with rose-colored (rarely yellow or white) florets arranged in a prominent, somewhat cone-shaped head – “cone-shaped” because the petals of the outer ray florets tend to point downward (are reflexed) once the flower head opens, thus forming a cone. Plants are generally long lived, with distinctive flowers. The common name “cone flower” comes from the characteristic center “cone” at the center of the flower head.
Top #27 : Daffodil
- Printable Colouring Picture : Daffodil Flowers Colouring Pages
- Narcissus is a genus of predominantly spring perennial plants in the Amaryllidaceae (amaryllis) family. Various common names including daffodil, daffadowndilly, narcissus, and jonquil are used to describe all or some members of the genus. Narcissus has conspicuous flowers with six petal-like tepals surmounted by a cup- or trumpet-shaped corona. The flowers are generally white or yellow (also orange or pink in garden varieties), with either uniform or contrasting coloured tepals and corona.
Top #26 : Flamingo
- Printable Colouring Picture : Epiphytes Flamingo Flowers Colouring Pages
- Anthurium is a genus of herbs often growing as epiphytes on other plants. Some are terrestrial. The leaves are often clustered and are variable in shape. The inflorescence bears small flowers which are perfect, containing male and female structures. The flowers are contained in dense spirals on the spadix. The spadix is often elongated into a spike shape, but it can be globe-shaped or club-shaped. Beneath the spadix is the spathe, a type of bract. This is variable in shape, as well, but it is lance-shaped in many species. It may extend out flat or in a curve. Sometimes it covers the spadix like a hood. The fruits develop from the flowers on the spadix. They are juicy berries varying in color, usually containing two seeds.
Top #25 : Iris
- Printable Colouring Picture : Showy Iris Flowers Colouring Pages
- Iris is a genus of about 260–300, species of flowering plants with showy flowers. It takes its name from the Greek word for a rainbow, which is also the name for the Greek goddess of the rainbow, Iris. Some authors state that the name refers to the wide variety of flower colors found among the many species.
Top #24 : Lavender
- Printable Colouring Picture : Most Special Fragrant Lavender Flowers Colouring Pages
- The genus includes annual or short-lived herbaceous perennial plants, and shrub-like perennials, subshrubs or small shrubs. Leaf shape is diverse across the genus. They are simple in some commonly cultivated species; in other species they are pinnately toothed, or pinnate, sometimes multiple pinnate and dissected. In most species the leaves are covered in fine hairs or indumentum, which normally contain the essential oils.
Top #23 : Rose
- Printable Colouring Picture : Most Famous Fragrant Rose Flowers Colouring Pages
- Rose hips are occasionally made into jam, jelly, marmalade, and soup or are brewed for tea, primarily for their high vitamin C content. They are also pressed and filtered to make rose hip syrup. Rose hips are also used to produce rose hip seed oil, which is used in skin products and some makeup products.
Top #22 : Sunflower
- Printable Colouring Picture : Helianthus or SunFlower Colouring Pages
- Sunflowers are usually tall annual or perennial plants that in some species can grow to a height of 300 cm (120 in) or more. They bear one or more wide, terminal capitula (flower heads), with bright yellow ray florets at the outside and yellow or maroon (also known as a brown/red) disc florets inside.
Top #21 : Orchid
- Printable Colouring Picture : High Class Orchid Flower Colouring Pages
- The Orchidaceae are a diverse and widespread family of flowering plants, with blooms that are often colourful and fragrant, commonly known as the orchid family.
Top #20 : Peony
- Printable Colouring Picture : Herbaceous Perennial Plant Peony Flower Colouring Pages
- The peony or paeony is a flowering plant in the genus Paeonia, the only genus in the family Paeoniaceae. They are native to Asia, Europe and Western North America. Scientists differ on the number of species that can be distinguished ranging from 25 to 40, although the current consensus is 33 known species. The relationships between the species need to be further clarified.
Top #19 : Clover
- Printable Colouring Picture : Lucky 4 Leaves Clover Flower Colouring Pages
- Clover or trefoil are common names for plants of the genus Trifolium (Latin, tres “three” + folium “leaf”), consisting of about 300 species of plants in the leguminous pea family Fabaceae. A group of clovers is called a cluff. The genus has a cosmopolitan distribution; the highest diversity is found in the temperate Northern Hemisphere, but many species also occur in South America and Africa, including at high altitudes on mountains in the tropics. They are small annual, biennial, or short-lived perennial herbaceous plants. Clover can be evergreen.
Top #18 : Marigold
- Printable Colouring Picture : Famous Marigold Flower Colouring Pages
- Calendula officinalis, the pot marigold, ruddles, common marigold or Scotch marigold, is a plant in the genus Calendula of the family Asteraceae. It is probably native to southern Europe, though its long history of cultivation makes its precise origin unknown, and it may possibly be of garden origin. It is also widely naturalised further north in Europe (north to southern England) and elsewhere in warm temperate regions of the world.
Top #17 : Daisy
- Printable Colouring Picture : Various Species of Daisy Flower Colouring Pages
- Asteraceae or Compositae (commonly referred to as the aster, daisy, composite, or sunflower family) is a very large and widespread family of flowering plants (Angiospermae).
Top #16 : Jasmine
- Printable Colouring Picture : 200 Species Native Jasmine Flower Colouring Pages
- Jasmine can be either deciduous (leaves falling in autumn) or evergreen (green all year round), and can be erect, spreading, or climbing shrubs and vines. Their leaves are born, opposite or alternate. They can be simple, trifoliate, or pinnate.
Top #15 : Chrysanthemum
- Printable Colouring Picture : Flowering Herb Chrysanthemum Flower Colouring Pages
- Chrysanthemums, sometimes called mums or chrysanths, are flowering plants of the genus Chrysanthemum in the family Asteraceae. They are native to Asia and northeastern Europe. Most species originate from East Asia and the center of diversity is in China. There are countless horticultural varieties and cultivars.
Top #14 : Rafflesia
- Printable Colouring Picture : Bad Odour of Rafflesia Flower Colouring Pages
- Rafflesia is a genus of parasitic flowering plants. It contains approximately 28 species (including four incompletely characterized species as recognized by Willem Meijer in 1997), all found in southeastern Asia, mainly in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines. It was first discovered by Louis Deschamps in Java between 1791 and 1794, but his notes and illustrations, seized by the British in 1803, were not available to western science until 1861.
Top #13 : Snapdragon
- Printable Colouring Picture : Face of Dragon by Snapdragon Flower Colouring Pages
- Antirrhinum is a genus of plants commonly known as dragon flowers or snapdragons because of the flowers’ fancied resemblance to the face of a dragon that opens and closes its mouth when laterally squeezed. They are native to rocky areas of Europe, the United States, and North Africa.
Top #12 : Bird of Paradise
- Printable Colouring Picture : Bird of Paradise Flower Colouring Pages
- Strelitzia is a genus of five species of perennial plants, native to South Africa. It belongs to the plant family Strelitziaceae. The genus is named after the duchy of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, birthplace of Queen Charlotte of the United Kingdom. A common name of the genus is bird of paradise flower / plant, because of a resemblance of its flowers to birds-of-paradise.
Top #11 : Gladiolus
- Printable Colouring Picture : The “Sword Lily” Gladiolus Flower Colouring Pages
- They grow from rounded, symmetrical corms, that are enveloped in several layers of brownish, fibrous tunics. Their stems are generally unbranched, producing 1 to 9 narrow, sword-shaped, longitudinal grooved leaves, enclosed in a sheath. The lowest leaf is shortened to a cataphyll. The leaf blades can be plane or cruciform in cross section.
Top #10 : Pansy
- Printable Colouring Picture : Pansy Flower Colouring Pages
- American pioneers thought that “a handful of violets taken into the farmhouse in the spring ensured prosperity, and to neglect this ceremony brought harm to baby chicks and ducklings.” On account of its place in American hearts, a game called “Violet War” also arose. In this game, two players would intertwine the hooks where the pansy blossoms meet the stems, then attempt to pull the two flowers apart like wishbones.
Top #9 : Dahlia
- Printable Colouring Picture : Bushy Dahlia Flower Colouring Pages
- Dahlia is a genus of bushy, tuberous, herbaceous perennial plants native to Mexico. A member of the Asteraceae (or Compositae), dicotyledonous plants, related species include the sunflower, daisy, chrysanthemum, and zinnia. There are 42 species of dahlia, with hybrids commonly grown as garden plants. Flower forms are variable, with one head per stem; these can be as small as 5 cm (2 in) diameter or up to 30 cm (1 ft) (“dinner plate”).
Top #8 : Petunia
- Printable Colouring Picture : The Mystic Petunia Flower Colouring Pages
- The tapir is a large mammal that despite it’s pig-like appearance, is believed to be most closely related tohorses and rhinos. The tapir is found in moist, dense forests in the more temperate regions of the Southern Hemisphere. There are four known species of tapir today, all of which are classified as endangered
Top #7 : Violet
- Printable Colouring Picture : Heart-Shaped & Scalloped Leaves of Violet Flower Colouring Pages
- Viola typically have heart-shaped, scalloped leaves, though a number have palmate leaves or other shapes. The vast majority of Viola species are herbaceous, and a substantial number are acaulescent in habit – meaning they lack any noticeable stems and the foliage and flowers appear to rise from the ground; the remaining species have short stems with foliage and flowers produced in the axils of the leaves. The simple leaves of plants with either habit are arranged alternately; the acaulescent species produce basal rosettes. Plants always have leaves with stipules that are often leaf-like.
Top #6 : Phlox
- Printable Colouring Picture : Unforgettable Fragrant of Phlox Flower Colouring Pages
- Phlox is a genus of 67 species of perennial and annual plants in the family Polemoniaceae. They are found mostly in North America (one in Siberia) in diverse habitats from alpine tundra to open woodland and prairie. Some flower in spring, others in summer and fall. Flowers may be pale blue, violet, pink, bright red, or white. Many are fragrant.
Top #5 : Cosmos
- Printable Colouring Picture : Cosmos Flower the Herbaceous Perennial Plants Colouring Pages
- Cosmos are herbaceous perennial plants or annual plants growing 0.3–2 m (1 ft 0 in–6 ft 7 in) tall. The leaves are simple, pinnate, or bipinnate, and arranged in opposite pairs. The flowers are produced in a capitulum with a ring of broad ray florets and a center of disc florets; flower color is very variable between the different species. The genus includes several ornamental plants popular in gardens. Numerous hybrids and cultivars have been selected and named.
Top #4 : English Bluebell
- Printable Colouring Picture : Sweet-Scented Violet–Blue English Bluebell Flower Colouring Pages
- Bluebells are widely planted as garden plants, either among trees or in herbaceous borders. They flower at the same time as hyacinths, Narcissus and some tulips. Their ability to reproduce vegetatively, using bulb offsets and seed, means that they can spread rapidly, and may need to be controlled as weeds.
Top #3 : HIbiscus
- Printable Colouring Picture : Beautiful Red Hibiscus Flower Colouring Pages
- The hibiscus is the national flower of Haiti and is used in their national tourism slogan of Haïti: Experience It! The hibiscus species also represents several other nations. The Hibiscus syriacus is the national flower of South Korea, and Hibiscus rosa-sinensis is the national flower of Malaysia. The red hibiscus is the flower of the Hindu goddess Kali, and appears frequently in depictions of her in the art of Bengal, India, often with the goddess and the flower merging in form. The hibiscus is used as an offering to goddess Kali and Lord Ganesha in Hindu worship.
Top #2 : Lotus
- Printable Colouring Picture : Multipurpose the Beautiful Lotus Flower Colouring Pages
- Nelumbo nucifera, also known as Indian lotus, sacred lotus, bean of India, Egyptian bean or simply lotus, is one of two extant species of aquatic plant in the family Nelumbonaceae. The Linnaean binomial Nelumbo nucifera Gaertn. is the currently recognized name for this species, which has been classified under the former names, Nelumbium speciosum Willd. and Nymphaea nelumbo, among others. (These names are obsolete synonyms and should be avoided in current works.) This plant is an aquatic perennial.
Top #1 : Arum Lily
- Printable Colouring Picture : Beautiful Arum Lily Flower Colouring Pages
- A beautiful and spectacular flower, arum lily care and growing is easy. It is ideal to decorate gardens, terraces and balconies. Arum lily, also called “calla lily” is a perennial from Araceae family. Its rigid and vertical flower stalk ends in a spathe flared funnel that hides a yellow or orange spadix. Arum lily flowers usually bloom in summer to early fall and are very unique and marvelous to watch.